The night of 9/7, AKA day two of my first RSD bootcamp featuring with Jeffy and Brad (assistant) at the Larimer Beer Hall
I went out again another night with the RSD bootcamp crew. We started the night at Jeffs hotel, where we learned an escalation stack. A physical and a verbal one. They even had some hand gestures to go along with it which was fun. I think the stack went like this.
- Interlacing the hands and fingers
- The prom dance
- The neck kiss
- The Eskimo kiss
- The mouth kiss
- The hands over your head in a locked position
In addition, we were told to remember some statements of intent that were escalating in intensity to throw out at the girls. This was helpful, because we got a stack of escalation to run on the girls that was very simple and reproducible.
We all eventually left to go to the Larimer Beer Hall. I started talking to a girl in front of me walking with a guy to gain some social momentum. We started discussing some bullshit like Fergie and her artistic merit. This was kind of fun and I liked starting out this way, it helped me start to get out of the logical frame that I was in at the time. Also, she was hot. I kind of lost her when we got in line at Larimer but I was okay with that, I expected short sets at this point. I suppose I could have ran after her but I also wanted to be near instructors and that guy was likely her boyfriend. Anyway, free associating was fun and it was funny when we heard a shitty Fergie song playing 10 seconds after I brought her up randomly.
I saw Jeff inside and he started counting down from 30. If I didn’t get into a set by one then I would have been punched in the arm. I started talking to some chick by 27 I think. She was not my type but I wasn’t opposed to getting more warmed up at the time. I spoke with her for a few minutes. She wasn’t giving me much but I could sense that she knew she was a warm up set. I was getting kind of bored after a few minutes so I left to go find someone cuter.
I talked to a cute girl near the end of the bar and she was with a friend. I think that I opened direct, but it’s hard to remember the bad sets at this point for some reason. They seemed uninterested and they bounced out and went somewhere else or something. I think that I was going direct, but since I wasn’t fully out of my head I came off as incongruent or didn’t make eye contact or square up well or something. I have to remember to step to the girls in a way that is as if she could be the best person I meet all month. No insecurity and awkwardness during the approach can be tolerated.
I felt a bit in my head, and I knew that I needed to break out of it. I started talking to a very cute blonde girl, whom I opened with “I like salad”. She actually started talking with me about salad for a second, but then she asked why I was there. I told her it was because I found her cute and then I plowed through for a bit. It stalled out when she back turned me to run into her friend group. I need to work on cultivating more of a fun vibe when I am alone in a set. Brad did that amazingly when were in set together and I am able to do it when he is there by riffing off him. I should be able to do that alone also. Sometimes being alone in set makes me feel like I can’t handle it for some reason and I get stifled. However, this was the first part of the night still and so I need to remember to have low expectations during this part.
I opened a really cute asian girl directly. I spoke with her downstairs and her friends were like let’s go up! I went with her which was good. I didn’t let it die at this point. I kept speaking with her on the stairs. I tried to talk to the friends to show I was chill but it was hard in this context where they were moving and not really appearing in front me at all. She was digging me I felt, and I even lead her to the outdoor area for a second once we got upstairs. It was awesome that I actually moved her. I don’t do that enough. Her friends came and stole her away to go dancing that sucked and was sad lol. I think my conversation was stalling out a bit at this point as I was chodeversating. That was lame. I need to make sure to have baller attraction stuff going in the beginning instead of coding out. No chodeversating until after the attraction is clearly there. Also, what could I have done about the friends? Maybe nothing. Maybe I could have gone and danced with her but it felt too early. Maybe I should have escalated faster and she would have stayed? I don’t know. Maybe I should have just got her insta when I saw that she had raucous friends. This was just a tough situation and the night was young.
Then I opened another girl with the “I like salad” line, she was upstairs. She was not my type but I wanted to practice and get into a social vibe. The open actually worked pretty well actually because she really liked salad. We were vibing for a bit and she started giving me some compliments. I felt like she was into me. She told me that I’m smart and go for what I want or something. I was experiencing the way that the hot guy blasé can get girls fucking hooked hard. This is similar to what I saw Brad doing the night before with that hottie. I need to replicate that when I actually want the girl in the future. Brad was behind her making escalation hand signals at me and I followed them all, and they all worked. That was funny and super enlightening. I went from interlacing fingers, to the prom dance, to kissing on the neck twice. I am glad he didn’t try to get me to make out with her. I actually left after this, telling her that I needed to go to the bathroom. Really I just wanted to get into another set.
Then I went and talked to a girl nearby with a hat briefly. I was introduced to her by our beloved Dr. Fine (another boot-camp attendee). She was a climber also and I was psyched to have things in common, but she was very unsure or unwanting or something. Perhaps I could have been more aggressive with her or been less comforty and more in my own element here. I think this goes back to a charisma deficit that I have sometimes (at least compared to Brad). I think I should really focus on building up that aspect of my personality. She left to go smoke weed and I was like okay see ya. Jeff told me about an interesting way to navigate past this. Basically what you do is act like leaving to the thing was your idea and go with them.
Jeff pointed at a hottie behind me and told me to open. Things were going pretty well with her actually and I was into it. I found out that we had a lot in common and I started trying to escalate and increase the sexual tension with her. I was peppering in some statements of intent. I tried to go for the finger interlace stuff but she was not down for that the first time. Then I went for it again later and it worked. I felt like this was going well overall. I then went with the will you go to prom with me line and she said no. She kept like playfully denying me and shit testing a lot. It was interesting to see her testing me this much and I am not used to this amount of it. After that I feel like the chemistry began to fizzle out. I was chodeversationing her a bit too much and she went to the side. I stood near her on the rail and I was trying to chat her up but I think that it was just too late at this point. I should have escalated more and faster here I think. I guess that escalating more and faster would have been better. Our commonalities didn’t mean shit without attraction. This lesson is repeatedly painful to learn. Her friend and her went to the dance floor and I got her insta and bounced. I was sensing some disinterest, probably because I didn’t escalate enough. It was lame but alas. This has to happen to learn lessons.
Jeff pointed out a girl for me to approach. When I opened, she responded with “I am in a very serious and committed relationship.” I felt like she meant that and I didn’t know how to respond there. I went with the nice guy response and was like alright thanks have a good night and I walked out. Jeff told me that a way to continue an interaction like this is to jokingly and smilingly say something like “do it for them, you need to get this out of your system to make the relationship work”. I thought that was pretty fucking hilarious.
Immediately after this Brad pointed out two cute Asians and said go. I went in and opened with something like “I’m so glad you’re back I missed you.” I legitimately thought this was one of the asian girls that I opened earlier until I was up close. This was an interesting example of the words don’t matter idea. I said something that made literally no sense but it still blew open because my vibe was on point. She replied that she was married with kids and I immediately said the line that Jeff told me a second ago. She actually loved how forward I was and we started talking. I was making damn sure not to chodily grab her back with my hand, but she ended up getting really fucking close to me and we were pressed against each other for a ton of the conversation. I did the finger lace thing and it worked. Part of me felt weird about trying to make out with her so I didn’t go that far actually despite maybe being able to do that. I should probably be more willing to go for that stuff, but I may have been too attached to the good vibes I was getting from her or something. I liked our conversation which was about books, and I was getting more and more intentful with words because I found her absurdly attractive. I think I told her she was the hottest fucking mom I had ever seen or something which she really liked. She said she liked guys that play video games and I responded with “I’d smash” lol. It was also cool to see the way that you can pepper these things in and then plow over them so they just get absorbed without awkwardness. I probably should have tried to escalate more physically. Eventually what happened was her kid or husband started calling or something and they began to leave. This was not before I got my girls instagram and she said she would take me out to dinner. This was pretty fucking mind-blowing. Brad said she would probably hook up with me.
I did an approach with Dr. Fine, he actually opened pretty well and then introduced me off the open. I tried to speak to the cute girl in that set but they seemed like very low consciousness people, like pretty fat and carnal or something. I said some shit that was way too boring and chodeversationy. I need to get that shit out of my lexicon. Ultimately, the only relatively cute girl turned away and into the group like a door that was shutting from the wind. It was frustrating but I also didn’t care that much, and felt like I would have nothing in common them.
I tried to reopen the girl that had the hat and climbed as I saw her walking up the stairs. She was in friend seeking mode and I actually knew where her friend was. I brought her over to the friend and she said thanks and gave me a hug. I thought it was a bit more on at this point, so I tried to keep talking to her but she seemed super disinterested and just left to go see the friend. There were like 8 guys around us in a small space at this point so it was kind of hectic. I’m not sure what I could have done here aside from maybe try to be more engaging the way Brad is, he seems to be able to keep all sets going.
After this Jeff demonstrated walking through the club with purpose which was cool to see. He pointed out how one of the other students that had a girl with him was walking purposefully also. I made a mental note of it so that I would be able to do something similar when leading later. Jeff also pointed out that the area near the door and how many guys were sitting with girls there. What he was explaining is the fact that when people meet women in the venue, they bring them to the bottom area after they have attraction. This is a way to get closer (baby step) to the pull. That way when the night ends they can drag them outside faster and keep control over the logistics.
It was now the twilight hour, where the sets outside were better to attempt than the ones in the bar. I went to approach two girls with Dane. They were pretty, but they were giving us hard no’s when we spoke with them, saying they didn’t want to talk repeatedly. I think there was no way we could have gotten in there. Dane kept trying a bit which was admirable, but I sensed that it wasn’t going to work.
Jeff was on point when we got outside, telling us to remain super alert and look around for opportunities, specifically walking to the places where the outflow was maxed out. I was slightly skeptical about this at first and he could tell. I was sort of losing the faith that it could work / feeling a bit insecure. But it almost worked ultimately. They said about 50% of bootcamp pulls come from gaming in the twilight hour. I tried to talk to a few girls coming up to us, one of them replied with I don’t like white boys when I tried to hand of god her. I was told to be vocal in a chill way that showed that I was sober. This is important at this period of the night because most people are acting like drunk idiots and you need to differentiate yourself.
Jeff pointed me to a girl and I opened. She was a widish girl in brown. Then one of the instructors came into the set and started talking to her, I didn’t care much because I wasn’t attracted. I was more interested in seeing his game. He got her attention pretty fast. Jeff pointed out that the reason she got taken away was because I stopped talking. That made sense, I think if I care more I will remember to fight it out in these scenarios. Just keep talking and keeping the squared up position.
Finally, Patrick and I saw two girls standing on the corner at the end of the night. We started talking to them. We did a pretty gay open, walking slowly and meandering. Both of us thought that the other would be the one to approach, so we confused ourselves lmao. I think that what we need to do in the future is have way more purpose and intent in these situations, don’t be so wandery. This ended up costing me a shot with the hotter girl. I still liked my girl though, she was a cute Latina chick.
What happened was we started walking down to Ian’s to get pizza. She was getting kind of cold so I used that as an opportunity to escalate and put my arm around her and rubbed her shoulder. She said thank you to me after that, so I figured it was pretty on from there. At the next street corner we got to, I squared up with her and kissed her for a second after we locked eyes. I figured that I was past the sexual hook point and that it was time to figure out the pulling logistics. When we got to Ians, she said the line is too long so we decided to figure something else out. This is where I started fucking things up. I said that I could get us an uber and order her room service at my hotel. Jeff later told me that I may as well have said that I was going to take her to my hotel to fuck. That was a big fucking error. I think it was just far too forward. There is this element of cold approach that is counter intuitive to me, but basically what girls want is to not feel like a slut, and they can’t overtly agree to hook up with someone they just met. I think that this behavior is due to socialization that tells women not to have sex and that sex is wrong etc. It has to sort of just happen. What I should have done is said that I have a restaurant at my hotel, or just that I know a place and ubered to my hotel. Then I could have “played to the heels” and took her up to my room to get the shoes off. After this she started testing me a lot harder, saying that she didn’t know if I would murder her or something. My response was to try and build more comfort, but that ended up being incorrect. I should have joked about that and exaggerated, saying that I was Dexter and that I had the plastic wrap ready or something like that. We ended up walking around for a bit longer. We got to some corner where she said that her house was a specific way and that my hotel was another way. She said that I should go the other way. I made out with her for a little while and got her instagram info before I bounced and walked back to the van.
Thoughts / SP:
- No insecurity or awkwardness during the approach can be tolerated.
- I need to work on cultivating more of a fun vibe when I am alone in a set, and generating my own fun
- Focus on gaining charisma
- I can move girls and should do that more
- No chodeversating until after the attraction is clearly there. X 2
- I was experiencing the way that the hot guy blasé can get girls hooked
- When girls move, act like leaving to the thing was your idea and go with them
- Escalate more and faster X 2
- Commonalities didn’t mean shit without attraction.
- The words don’t matter
- Be vocal in a chill way that shows you are sober. This is important at this period of the night because most people are acting like drunk idiots and you need to differentiate yourself
- Fight it out in these scenarios when guys come into your set by talking more
- There is this element of cold approach that is counter intuitive to me, but basically what girls want is to not feel like a slut, and so they can’t overtly agree to hook up with someone they just met, despite wanting that
- I should have joked and exaggerated through the shit tests
No comments:
Post a Comment