Logistics:
Wednesday October 3rd 2013
Location: Storyville
Wings: Flow
I walked up to storyville tired as fuck. I was sleepy from taking the redeye back home to Boston, but I was psyched to chill with Flow again since it had been a long time since we had gamed. Flow is getting way more into it and its cool to see him progressing. It’s also interesting to compare my current AFC level to his current rAFC level. We both have lots of work to do.
Anyway we walked up to the venue and realized it was 20 dollars to get in. We decided to ask some of the people who had been inside if it was worth it to go in, and this also provided us with sets to open to get in state. Although I never really got in state the whole night unfortunately. Flow opened the first set and asked how it was in if it was worth going in. It was a mixed set with one guy and one girl. They told us we should go in.
I opened the next one outside since we wanted more opinions. This set was also mixed with 2 girls and a guy. 2 of them told us not to pay and one was convincing us to go inside. This set was going well though and the group was beginning to chill with us and it hooked pretty nicely. We decided to pay the 20 dollars to not be bored and get some opening experience in.
The second we walked in Flow was amped to get in set. He def pushes me hard to open. We both looped around the venue looking for approaches. We me at the opposite end without any progress. Flow charged the first set. He opened 2 cougars and I came in about a minute after. Flows girl was alright and he seemed to be doing well. Mine was an HB3/4 so I was just running interference. When Flows girl left I started ignoring mine and went to chill with flow more. She was not my type at all.
I tried to open the next set. As I recall there were two girls at the bar. I went direct and tried to open them whilst they were facing away from me. I opened direct and one looked at me for about half the time I was in set. The other didn’t pay attention to me at all really. I should have been more assertive in getting her friends attention perhaps, but in the moment I was not thinking clearly. I can’t remember if I walked away or they did, but that set was bad.
After that we talked to the second set we opened that night for a while. They were Albanians, and all funny people. They invited us to a lounge party on Friday that we are going to check out probably. Flow got the number of the one cute girl in the set, and I was talking to her friends for a while. Afterward we decided to get back at it.
I tried to open a set moving toward me. It was a set of two cute girls, I tried to open and they kept walking. I probably should have tried harder to follow them or to stop them.
Then I approached a girl by herself and started talking for a bit. I tried to plow through for a while, but she told me she was with someone and left to go see them after a couple of minutes. That one went badly, but I was glad that I didn’t eject to early because I felt that I had been struggling with that.
Flow and I left the club a bit later. I felt that I was out of practice and was trying to understand why things went so badly for me. Flow was understanding and we had some good discussions on the way back to his place.
Thoughts/SP:
I can’t eject from sets to early, that really limits the experience I’m getting from each approach. The mixed sets we did were fine, and I would like to practice mixed set gaming more. I also felt like getting in state was not happening for me, probably because I was tired and not used to gaming in an environment with blaring music. The game I’ve been running back in my home town in Boulder has been mostly in places that are more laid back. It is important that I learn to speak up and command attention in places where it is hard to focus. And I have to do more sets! I was getting some serious AA since I was gaming fairly sober. Perhaps substance dependance is hurting my game as well.
Wednesday October 3rd 2013
Location: Storyville
Wings: Flow
I walked up to storyville tired as fuck. I was sleepy from taking the redeye back home to Boston, but I was psyched to chill with Flow again since it had been a long time since we had gamed. Flow is getting way more into it and its cool to see him progressing. It’s also interesting to compare my current AFC level to his current rAFC level. We both have lots of work to do.
Anyway we walked up to the venue and realized it was 20 dollars to get in. We decided to ask some of the people who had been inside if it was worth it to go in, and this also provided us with sets to open to get in state. Although I never really got in state the whole night unfortunately. Flow opened the first set and asked how it was in if it was worth going in. It was a mixed set with one guy and one girl. They told us we should go in.
I opened the next one outside since we wanted more opinions. This set was also mixed with 2 girls and a guy. 2 of them told us not to pay and one was convincing us to go inside. This set was going well though and the group was beginning to chill with us and it hooked pretty nicely. We decided to pay the 20 dollars to not be bored and get some opening experience in.
The second we walked in Flow was amped to get in set. He def pushes me hard to open. We both looped around the venue looking for approaches. We me at the opposite end without any progress. Flow charged the first set. He opened 2 cougars and I came in about a minute after. Flows girl was alright and he seemed to be doing well. Mine was an HB3/4 so I was just running interference. When Flows girl left I started ignoring mine and went to chill with flow more. She was not my type at all.
I tried to open the next set. As I recall there were two girls at the bar. I went direct and tried to open them whilst they were facing away from me. I opened direct and one looked at me for about half the time I was in set. The other didn’t pay attention to me at all really. I should have been more assertive in getting her friends attention perhaps, but in the moment I was not thinking clearly. I can’t remember if I walked away or they did, but that set was bad.
After that we talked to the second set we opened that night for a while. They were Albanians, and all funny people. They invited us to a lounge party on Friday that we are going to check out probably. Flow got the number of the one cute girl in the set, and I was talking to her friends for a while. Afterward we decided to get back at it.
I tried to open a set moving toward me. It was a set of two cute girls, I tried to open and they kept walking. I probably should have tried harder to follow them or to stop them.
Then I approached a girl by herself and started talking for a bit. I tried to plow through for a while, but she told me she was with someone and left to go see them after a couple of minutes. That one went badly, but I was glad that I didn’t eject to early because I felt that I had been struggling with that.
Flow and I left the club a bit later. I felt that I was out of practice and was trying to understand why things went so badly for me. Flow was understanding and we had some good discussions on the way back to his place.
Thoughts/SP:
I can’t eject from sets to early, that really limits the experience I’m getting from each approach. The mixed sets we did were fine, and I would like to practice mixed set gaming more. I also felt like getting in state was not happening for me, probably because I was tired and not used to gaming in an environment with blaring music. The game I’ve been running back in my home town in Boulder has been mostly in places that are more laid back. It is important that I learn to speak up and command attention in places where it is hard to focus. And I have to do more sets! I was getting some serious AA since I was gaming fairly sober. Perhaps substance dependance is hurting my game as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment