Monday, August 11, 2014

FR: Instant Karma

Logistics: August 10th, 2014
Venues: The Beergarden, Press Play

               I had a really good night out at the bars last night, I kind of want to write up a field report about it. So here it goes.

               I went out to a pool party with some friends. It was a good time, we got in the hot tub and swam in the pool etc. Had some drinks over there and hung out with close friends. I knew I would be in a great mood all night because I just finished my undergrad degree. I did a warm up set at the pool party, talking to randos to get in a social frame. It was cool, didn't go anywhere though.

               Then we went out to the bars together. The first bar we went to was press play. We got in there and it was crowded, and filled with some cute girls. Unfortunately the music was awful and I was not drunk enough to dance to it, even though I was significantly wasted by this point. Not as much as the last night I wrote about though, I didn’t actually black out last night. So I did an approach two a 2 set with two blonde girls. One was significantly hotter than the other. I opened the uglier one and began to talk to her. She eventually went to sit on the other side of the cute one and I started up a conversation with her. It was going decently, but she kept being distracted from our conversation, and talking to her friend on the other side of her or asking for drinks etc. I was not keeping her attention as well as I wanted. Then 3 of my guy friends came and sat next to me, and she got up and left. I think they may have came off as a bit aggressive, but I could have done something to keep her around I’m sure. I need to experiment with this. Overall I think I stayed in a flirty frame to often because of my drunkenness, and didn’t transition well enough to other frames of a conversation, making me seem one dimensional/overly needing their frame etc. I need to work on this. My friend and I briefly went to try to girls we vaguely knew on the dance floor/dance with them, but the music was so bad we couldn’t take it.

               We then left and went to another bar called the Beergarden. We got in and I was psyched on approaching more people so I went to the back of the bar, and got in one. Hooking was really easy this particular night, I got no flat out rejections. Then again I didn’t do as many as I should have, but I was splitting my time between game and talking with close friends, so I didn’t feel lot of pressure anyway other than to have fun and not force anything. The set I got in had 2 guys and 3 girls. I told one of the girls with a guy that she looked like Anna Paquin, which went over decently well. I began to talk to the one girl that was alone, when a guy walked in and took her attention away. I didn’t care to much because she wasn’t really that attractive anyway, so I didn’t try to continue talking with them after that. My buddy came up to me and we went to the front side of the bar.

               We noticed a girl who was really cute near the doorway. I said I wanted to talk to her, and he laughed at me. She then began to walk up to us, presumably to get to the other side of the bar, and my buddy said this is your chance talk to her now. I opened up directly and asked her for her name, and she seemed into it. She came up next to me and we got in a good 15 minute conversation, mostly about flirty bullshit I don’t think anything concrete was said beyond her wanting nachos. I should have been more than just flirty again, because she lost interest and said she wanted to find her friends. She was hot so I was upset that I fucked this one up, but I did get her number. I don’t think that’s going to go anywhere though. After this set I didn’t do any more approaches at the Beergarden, I was content to hang with friends.

               My friend and I went out for a cigarette, and we got one from some bored looking girls. They gave it to us and went inside the Catacombs. While outside I saw 2 girls talking, and went up and said hi. My friend and I and the girls got in a fairly vanilla conversation about one girls job working as a dermatologist. It was informative but I didn’t really give a fuck. I was just trying to learn something new or whatever I don’t exactly remember if I had any concrete thoughts besides the will to approach at this point. I was very drunk by now. She eventually said bye and got in a cab or something to go.

               I was walking back to my bike at this point because the bars were closing. I went down the street and saw my friend Peter. He was with three girls, and seemed to be doing well with one of them. I ran up to him cause I hadn’t seen him in a minute and greeted him and his friends enthusiastically. One of them was a cute brunette. I walked up to her and told her my name, she told me hers, and that’s all we said to each other. We just started making out though right there, I was holding her up against a light post, and I have to say it was fucking awesome. Pulling in 25 seconds or less is always an amazing feeling, it feels like real mastery of game when things like that happen to you. I was in state and I just felt that it was very powerfully on with this girl. We made out for a solid 5 minutes or something, and then the other girl there who was her friend fucking cockblocked me pulling her away. I mean she was presumably just standing there awkwardly as I was making out with her the whole time. What can I do about this shit? Female cockblocks will be the death of me. She asked the girl I hooked up with if she was ready to leave and they left together leaving me elated and wanting more at the same time. I don’t know what I can do about this honestly I need to work on my skills and intercept these things. Things go well with a girl and within seconds the female cockblock comes and it’s over. I need to work on my fucking reaction time apparently. Anyway this was the best night I’ve had in a while and it was fun. I really want to concentrate on pickup more now that I’m done with school. I am excited to move in with my wing Flow at some point soon hopefully, to tear shit up with him.

Thoughts/SP:

1. I need to cycle through frames to keep things interesting, staying too flirty or too interviewy is fucking boring and girls lose interest
2. React to the female cockblock, don't be content with this happening.
3. Your opener doesn't mean shit, what's important is sub communications and eye contact. I literally didn't think about any opener before I said it in set I just ran in and things happened naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment